Ever thought about leaving all the luxuries behind to focus on something that is inevitable and invisible? – Now that is what Zen teaches us to be in our daily life. Zen Buddhism is solely based on concentration about the true perception of nature and impactful insight into the nature’s mind. In this Post, Zen Quotes will help you see through the life in a meaningful way and give you insights about the true nature of the world.
- Let go, or be dragged.
- Mind is like a mad monkey.
- When thoughts arise, then do all things arise. When thoughts vanish, then do all things vanish.
- Rest and be kind, you don’t have to prove anything.
- Only the hand that erases can write the true thing.
- Life is a balance of holding on and letting go.
- Relax. Nothing is under control.
- Everything that happens to you is a form of instruction if you pay attention.
- Muddy water is best cleared by leaving it alone.
- The practice of Zen is forgetting the self in the act of uniting with something.
- To go beyond is as wrong as to fall short.
- Zen is not some kind of excitement, but concentration on our usual everyday routine.
- Be present above all else.
- Enlightenment is intimacy with all things.
Zen Buddhism Quotes
- Before enlightenment; chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment; chop wood, carry water.
- To study Buddhism is to study ourselves. To study ourselves is to forget ourselves.
- If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
- All know the way, but few actually walk it.
- The essence of the Way is detachment.
- Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom.
- You can have the mind or you can have the moment.
Zen Quotes on Life
- Do not seek the truth, only cease to cherish your opinions.
- When one first seeks the truth, one separates oneself from it.
- There are only two ways to live your life. One is as if nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is a miracle.
- Become comfortable with not knowing.
- If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help someone else.
- It is easy to believe we are each waves and forget we are also the ocean.
- Unhappiness and rain just drift by and are gone, they are visitors.
- It is the nature of the wise to resist pleasures, but the foolish to be a slave to them.
- We shape clay into a pot, but it is the emptiness inside that holds whatever we want.
- A great man is hard on himself; a small man is hard on others.
- The foolish reject what they see, not what they think; the wise reject what they think, not what they see.
- Obstacles don’t block the path, they are the path.