Stoicism was originally known as “Zenonism”, after the founder Zeno of Citium. The name “Stoicism” derives from the Stoa Poikile or “painted porch”, a colonnade decorated with mythic and historical battle scenes, on the north side of the Agora in Athens, where Zeno and his followers gathered to discuss their ideas. The word “stoic” commonly refers to someone who is indifferent to pain, pleasure, grief, or joy. In this post, you will come across best Stoic Quotes that will help you repress you feeling towards hate, pain, pleasure.
- The tranquility that comes when you stop caring what they say. Or think, or do. Only what you do. ~ Marcus Aurelius
- It does not matter what you bear, but how you bear it. ~ Seneca
- To be calm is the highest achievement of the self. ~ Zen
- Self-control is strength. Right thought is mastery. Calmness is power. ~ James Allen
- Be stoic: Just do the right thing. Just keep going. ~ Maxime Lagacé
Best Stoic Quotes
- Too many people believe that everything must be pleasurable in life. ~ Robert Greene
- Be a master of the mind, not mastered by the mind. ~ Zen
- Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. ~ Viktor Frankl
- If you make happiness your goal, you’ll be disappointed. If you make presence your goal, you’ll be satisfied. ~ Maxime Lagacé
- The great law of nature is that it never stops. There is no end. ~ Ryan Holiday
Daily Stoic Quotes
- The true hero is one who conquers his own anger and hatred. ~ Dalai Lama
- You have power over your mind — not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. ~ Marcus Aurelius
- Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats. ~ Voltaire
- Warriors should suffer their pain silently. ~ Erin Hunter
- Feeling too much is a hell of a lot better than feeling nothing. ~ Nora Roberts
- It is more necessary for the soul to be cured than the body; for it is better to die than to live badly.
- You can be invincible, if you enter into no contest in which it is not in your power to conquer.
- First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.
- Don’t explain your philosophy. Embody it.
- Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.